While the lockdown continues, our kids are at home and we do need to find things to keep them occupied and happy! I don’t know whether its just my kids, but they seem to be constantly hungry and looking for things to eat at home!
So here are two fun recipes for you to make at home with your kids. The first one I must confess is not really healthy (but for an occasional treat is so much fun!) and the second one is super healthy (and makes up for the unhealthiness of the first!)
Super Simple Icecream
My friend sent me this recipe and told me it’s something she’s really into and urged me to try it out. I’ve never really been successful with home made icecream and always thought it was a long tedious process. But when I made this, it completely changed my mind. It’s the easiest and tastiest icecream you will ever make, you can make it with the kids and it doesn’t require any costly or complicated ingredients.
All you need is: Cream, Condensed Milk and Cocoa Powder (or any fruit of your choice)
Whipping Cream (200g)
Condensed Milk (200g)
Cocoa Powder 4 tbsp
1. Whisk the cream till its thick.
2. Add the condensed milk and whisk again
3. Add the cocoa powder and whisk again till well blended. (If you are using any other fruit, you can either puree it and then add it or add the pieces if you like it chunky)
4. Pour it into a dish (the icecream layer should not be too thin – about 5-7cms)
5. Press cling film on top of it and then tighten it over the edges of the dish. There shouldn’t be an air layer in between, otherwise the top may become icy.
6. Freeze for about 5-6 hours.
7. Take it out and serve the yummiest icecream! You may never go back to buying icecream ever again!
(This icecream is heavier than store bought icecreams, so do serve smaller portions!)
You can also experiment with different flavours like mango, strawberry, etc. by pureeing it and adding it in or if you like it chunky, you can just cut it up into small pieces and add it in. You can also try adding essence or other things like dried fruits, nuts or chocolate chips! Happy Icecreaming 🙂
Here is a shorter printable version of the recipe:
Printable Version of Super Simple Ice-cream
Check in tomorrow, for our next recipe – a super healthy snack for kids.